Sudahkah hari ini Akangs & Tetehs berkontribusi 3x (tiga kali) untuk Almamater Tercinta???
Go Green Indonesia Ku By Jaringan Hijau Mandiri

Saturday, August 01, 2009

What's Wrong With Playing Video Games?

There was a time in my life when I didn't care for video games at all. I had to have the radio on whether I was cleaning or doing a jigsaw puzzle and if anyone (I called them the gamers) wanted to play a game in the living room, they had to do it with the sound off. I didn't even like to hear the sound of them. (Even now I prefer the volume on the low side) They would ask me why I thought there was something wrong with playing video games. I just couldn't understand how they could sit there and play for hours. How they must have loved when I was at work. I laugh at this now and they sure won't let me live it down.


One day I came home from work and "the gamers" were playing Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit. I decided that I would try it and once I learned how to use the controller I was hooked. I went from that game to Gran Turismo two. One time I played for 16 hours straight. Time sure flies when you're having fun.

I tried playing some of the golf games and I enjoyed the ones that are easy. Golden Tee and Hot Shots are my favorites. I did enjoy playing Mario Golf on the Gamecube, although I only had the chance to play it a couple of times. (I am a Playstation person.) I find that most of the other golf games are too hard for me.

One boring evening I decided to go out and rent a video game. While I was in the store I came across The Legend of Dragoon. I hadn't tried playing a role playing game yet and so I decided to try it. I didn't like the fact that you had to fight so much so I fought as little as possible. I beat the game (barely) and played it again right away. I did fight more the second time around and beat the game again. It was so much fun that I have been hooked on rpg's since and I've learned that the more you fight the better.

When someone asks me why I like to play these types of games, I tell them to think of it as watching a movie or reading a book and being part of it. You play your part as best you can and slowly work your way to your objective.

Recently I discovered that a friend of mine has The Legend of Dragoon and so I borrowed it. I wanted to remember why I loved it so much. So, I am now in the process of playing it again. Memories of my very first role playing game, life is good. I must say that after playing on the PC, the ps1 sure is slow, lol. I am still having loads of fun with it though.

Ten years have passed since I played my first rpg. Since then I have played games such as: Wild Arms, Final Fantasy, Arc the Lad Twilight of the Spirits, Suikedon 1-4 (with the exception of number three), Radiata Stories, Shining Tears, Atelier Iris, etc... As you can see, I am addicted to rpg's. My favorite would be Final Fantasy XI Online. Now that's a fun game. Even the fighting is a ton of fun.

I also enjoy games like Burnout Revenge. I especially liked the road rage. You can drive fast and be as reckless as you want. It's great! As mentioned earlier, I do like to play golf on occasion.

I have tried Grand Theft Auto and the only reason that I don't play it, is I don't like to kill people. I tried to drive fast without hitting anyone it just doesn't work. I don't mind killing monsters and such, but not people. I did make some people laugh, though. I know it's just a game and it still bothers me.

I cannot comment on sports games for the simple fact that I haven't tried playing any. I have watched others play them, they just don't interest me. RPG's rule for me.

I do still listen to the radio just not as much as before and I don't play video games as much as I would like to. I get to play 10-20 hours a week and I enjoy every minute of it.

I see nothing wrong with playing games as long as your priorities come first. I think that children should be limited on their game play but, I would rather my child be at home playing a game where I know he/she is safe, than out running around somewhere.

I must say that role playing games can be very addicting. Just don't forget about your personal life and always make sure that your priorities are in order. Now, If an individual gets out of bed in the morning, goes straight for their game and 20 hours later they are still playing, and they do this the majority of the time, then there might be a problem.

If you have the day off and everything is done that you needed to get done, then I say, go ahead and play your game all night. There's nothing wrong with that. Happy Gaming!

blog comments powered by Disqus
Custom Search